The Instructional Assistant position exists to assist the education teacher in group and individual settings with students as determined by their needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help prepare, collect and set-up materials for student participation, following teacher directions.
- Assist and perform toileting, diaper changing and self-help/activities of daily living and needs of the pupils.
- Provides personal care, such as feeding, toileting and self/help actions of daily living following teacher direction.
- Guide independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
- Provide instructional, behavioral, or physical assistance to students individually or in small groups at the direction of the teacher to reinforce and follow up instruction.
- Provide support to students across environments including school, community and vocational settings.
- Maintain daily activity logs for your assigned student(s).
- Alert teacher to any problem or special information about your individual student(s).
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the teacher or Director of Education.
Hours: Monday – Friday – 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM
- PA Child Abuse Clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Check
- Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse class